Welcome to Flying Fifteen sailing in Ireland
The Flying Fifteen is the original sports boat. It's a two-person, 20-foot racer that provides great sailing for thriving fleets around Ireland...
- Published on 06 July 2004
FFAI championship fixtures for 2017 have been announced as follows:
- May 27th, 28th: E,ast Coast Championship - Dun Laoghaire Motor & Yacht Club
- June 17th, 18th: Northern Championship - Lough Neagh Sailing Club, Craigavon
- August 19th, 20th: South Coast Championship - Waterford Harbour Sailing Club, Dunmore East
- September 8th - 10th: Championship of Ireland - County Antrim Yacht Club, Whitehead
- October 21st, 22nd: Western Championship - Lough Derg Yacht Club, Dromineer
- Published on 29 November 2016
Strangford Lough YC's Brian McKee and Ian Smith won a close-fought Western Championships on Lough Derg at the weekend (October 22-23rd), beating Dave Gorman and Chris Doorly of the National YC into second place on countdown, after each boat finished on 12 points.
Brian Willis and John McPeake were a very close third on 13 points after winning two races, one more than each of the boats above them.
15 boats competed in the event.
- Published on 24 October 2016
Pictures from Lough Neagh Sailing Club, 1983, including the Nationals in July
- Published on 30 October 2016
Visiting former World Champion Charles Apthorp and National YC crew Alan Green convincingly retained the 2016 Mitsubishi Eastern Championship held in Dun Laoghaire at the weekend (October 1,2) , with 33 boats competing.
The pair scored three wins on day one, enough to give them an eight-point margin over Sean Craig and Chris Doorly, also of the National, who pipped clubmates Ian Mathews and Keith Poole into third.
It was Green's third FFAI event victory this season, and Apthorp's second. FFAI President Keith Poole thanked sponsors Mitsubishi for their support for the event, along with the host club organizers and volunteer team.
- Published on 03 October 2016